Join online or fax the membership form to the ETA office.
Membership is per calendar year - from 1st January to 31st December.
2015 membership now available
ETA is an association of professionals whose members control and actively participate in its operations. Members include tertiary, secondary and primary teachers as well as student teachers in NSW, Australia and overseas. There are a differentiated services for personal, faculty and associate members and commercial and public institutions may take out corporate membership. ETA has branches throughout NSW.
We provide a range of services to members to support them in achieving and maintaining high standards of
- quality and currency of professional knowledge
- variety and effectiveness of professional practice and
- individual and group professional commitment.
These services include
- Four editions of mETAphor a year (ETA journal) when the 'with printed mETAphor' option is selected
- English in Australia (AATE journal) as they become available
- Faculty professional development packages
- Electronic newsletters
- Web site for latest professional ideas, information and services
- Blog for curriculum issues
- Facebook and Twitter for updates
- Access to ETA and AATE conferences, online courses and publications at discounted rates
Members of ETA influence the nature and implementation of the English curriculum through
- representation on curriculum consultative groups
- direct discussions with officials of the NSW Board of Studies regarding the views of ETA members.
ETA collects the views of its members through
- forums for members to participate in the consultation process on new syllabuses and assessment issues
- surveys of members' views for consultation purposes
- teleconferencing and videoconferencing to ascertain and express branch opinions and positions
- compilation of survey responses for submission to government agencies
ETA is administered by an Executive and Branch Office Bearers who work in an honorary capacity in the interests of members.