Perhaps more than any other profession, teachers appreciate the value of awards for outstanding merit by their students. It is time that teachers themselves are rewarded for their dedication, skills and integrity.
Being an association of teachers, the NSW ETA wishes to recognise the contributions made by some of our outstanding colleagues. Two kinds of awards have been created in recognition of the professionalism and skills of our more senior members. These are
Life Membership of the ETA
All life members of the NSW English Teachers' Association meet the following criteria
1.He or she is a respected member of the profession who has contributed substantially to the advancement of the profession and to the subject English in NSW
In addition, two of the following criteria have been met:<
He or she has made an outstanding contribution to
- professional development through presentations, publication, research or policy development under the auspices of the NSWETA
- the leadership or management of the NSWETA
- the profession through membership of national or state committees on behalf of the NSWETA.
Professional Teachers' Council Outstanding Professional Services Awards
To be eligible for consideration an Outstanding Professional Services Award the individual nominated should:
- Be a financial or life member of the nominating association
- Be serving or have served as an elected or co-opted committee member during the current calendar year
- Have made an outstanding contribution to the association's support of teachers and education in NSW over an extended period of time.